Sunday, July 2, 2017

Prize-Winning Knitting! - Clackamas County Fair 2016

Almost a year later, I've sat down and written up the post to accompany my county fair prize-winning knits from 2016!

I took home second place in the dishcloth lot for my Almost-Lost Dishcloth. The only reason I entered it was my grammy had it and said, "It was too pretty to use." The judges agreed and this simple short-row dishcloth helped me take home two whole dollars. I'm tickled pink.


The other prize-winning knit from 2016 was the Honey Cowl I knit for my grammy. I took third place in the scarves lot for it. I'm really proud of the even tension I achieved with the slipped stitches and the finishing. I pocked that single dollar for the placement.


I guess I get to add "prize-winning knitter" to my list of achievements. (Hopefully no one checks out my claim too closely!)

No comments:

Post a Comment