Sunday, August 23, 2015

New job! New semester! Moving! Ahhh!!!

Tomorrow marks my last week of work in Texas. I was offered a new, fast-paced position closer to my family, and I start Sept. 8.

I'm nervous about doing my full course load and moving several states. I'm tired just thinking about it.

I had movers at my old place on Saturday and I'm staying with a friend and her family until next week. I'm very grateful for her hospitality. I'm reading a book to her eldest as a birthday present. I got her a boxed set of R. Dahl books, but I think sharing the experience of having one read to her will make it more special.

I said goodbye to my knitting buddy today. We're getting serious about podcasting now: KTOG podcast (knit two together). We have a lot of work to do on the front end, but I think a monthly podcast with weekly blog posts should be a sustainable formula.

When I have time to breathe, I'm going to set up the email, Twitter, and blog for our podcast. My knitting partner agreed to learn how to do the video editing.

I can't believe I'll be on the road home next weekend. It's just all so fast.

I can't believe I'm 30.

I can't believe the guy I went to junior prom with told me, "Do you know how hard it's been the past ten years to see you with the wrong guys and put our friendship first above my feelings for you?"

Yeah. Life is funny. Let's see where things take us.

P.S. Having to change my thesis project because working with a certain individual became an unprofessional shitshow. That is all I will say at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment